Wednesday, January 18, 2012

10 months!

Salam everyone! Today, Musheera is 10 months and 3 weeks old :) she's almost 1 year old now!! mommy dia super excited nak celebrate her first birthday party (or should i say birthday bash? But I lagi suka the word party). Memang plan nak buat birthday party untuk munchkin ni, (siap berangan nak panggil Hi-5 from Australia tu. Hihi.) but since we're going on a holidays in the same month, kena cut budget sikit. So sorry la kawan-kawan and extended families. We have tofollow our Plan B, buat simple je with close family members. Itu pun dah kira ramai yang amat.Mana taknya, my own family je dah ramai. My adopted family AND biological family, dah lebih dari 30 orang tau. So tambah lagi dengan Mr N's family, boleh kata total in 40 pax la.

Ok, tak sabar nak plan party ni punya pasal, I have done gazzilions of research on the preparing for the party. Banyaknya theme yang sesuai for 1st birthday, ada cookies and milk, sesame street, rainbow, my little ponies, ABC, nursery rhymes, and etc. But I have made a decision, the theme is going to be...... jen jeng jeng!!! RAINBOW!!!

Research punya research. These are the ideas that I'm gonna use for the party:


Rainbow Fresh Fruits with Marshmallow Dip.
Source

Rainbow Fresh Vegetables with Ranch Dressing
Source


Rainbow Sandwich Bites
Source


Rainbow Cookies
(I'm gonna make this lots as favors so I can give to extended families, friends and office mates)
Source



Rainbow paper chain as decor
Source

Other non-rainbow foods I'm gonna add to the menu:

Lasagna Cupcakes
Source

Chicken Nuggets, Fish Fingers and French fries.

The reason behind the chosen menu is because 1 year old babies start to eat by themselves using their hands or fingers. They chose to discover the texture of foods by their bare hands and won't opt of forks or spoons. So that's why I will be preparing finger foods ONLY. So don't expect forks or spoons will be provided (unless if my mom insisted on providing cutlery).

No comments:

Post a Comment