Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rainbow Cake and Cupcakes


For my little mushkin's first birthday party, we are going for rainbow theme.

A cake is a must for a birthday party ey?

But for parties, catering more than [perhaps] more than 50 people(!!),
I prefer serving cupcakes rather than a cake
because for eating cupcakes, we:
1. don't need forks or spoons;
2. don't need plates; and most of all
3. don't have to do any cuttings!

I have tried making this cake in somewhere in December last year.

I've made the individual colors of cake layers, plus individual colors of frosting too!

BUT, I only used one batter of cake mix and it turns out looking like "kuih lapis" instead.


Anyway, taste is soooo yummy and many of my relatives gave good reviews.

You know what, am gonna make the cake again on my little mushkin's birthday,

AND butter (cup)cake with variants of rainbow colors icing on her birthday party.

Source

Can' wait!

UPDATED:

I have baked the butter cupcakes but I have no time to make the variant colors of icing.

Thus, I opt for rainbow cupcakes with cream cheese icing instead.

As for assembling the rainbow shape,
I have sprinkled colorful heart shapes according to the rainbow coordination.


My baby loves it and so does the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment